Sunday

shoebox dioramas

The older kids have been working on the dioramas of their latest stories . As always, The Artist wrote hers about horses. No surprise. :-)


Nature Boy's story is about pirates. I suppose the lighthouse and flamingos are all wrapped into the story....? We'll see. He isn't finished with it yet, and I'm curious what else will be added. They had to finish and revise the stories before starting on the dioramas (I didn't want them finding a cool picture of a Disney character and sticking in the box, just for the heck of it.) Dash has also started one (dictated to me) that is about aliens in outer space. Don't the stories match their personalities so well??Perhaps I should write my own story and make a shoebox. It's tempting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The dioramas are fantastic! I love how this project is tied to a writing project too. Double creative. :-)