Saturday

Poetree


The kids and I have been working on "poetrees" to aid our writing on certain subjects. It's a fun way to encourage artistic brainstorming, for kids who aren't old enough (or excited about) outlining or list-making.
Choose your topic, which can be written on the tree trunk, and brainstorm on the leaves or branches.
The Artist-child decided to write a poem about herself. Her leaves were descriptions about her appearance, personality and interests: natural, horsey, artistic, and so forth.


For our sketchbook work, we did "free draw." The Artist chose horses. Again. NatureMan and Dash drew monsters, using a library book as a guide. They claimed their pictures are not yet ready to be "published." I worked on the human body.






1 comment:

Rebecca D said...

LOVE it! I think we might try that idea next week! thanks for sharing! Although my humans don't look that good LOL I do enjoy drawing nature stuff. Been awhile, need to do more.