Sunday

I cut my books

Okay, yes, we've been through this before.
I. Cut. Books.
Yes, yes, I do.
I've heard people say before, "I really wanted to make an altered book, but when it came right down to it, I just couldn't slash the pages."
Well, I don't have that problem. I rip, slash, and gouge out whatever I don't want. And, before you see me as a merciless book-killer, let me justify myself. The book below was lovely, old and torn, fraying apart and worn. It may have been loved...but then was left, abandoned, forgotten. It was crammed with many other treasure-books into a plastic tub at a thrift store, and sold for a quarter. So, I could cram it right back into my bookcase and leave it there, soon-forgotten (too many pages were torn to actually read the book,) or I could give it new life and purpose. This is its second chance, people!!
I call it "Youth." You can see that Youth, of course, has wings. She sits seemingly bored where she is, hair carried by the gentle breeze...while the real treasure lies just beyond, in Home and companionship. Yes, I'm just that deep.




No comments: