Thursday

Art Journaling, the newest hobby

Have you caught on to my pattern yet? I get interested in something new, and it becomes my all-consuming every-late-evening new hobby. I've gone through sewing, book-altering, lapbook prep stuff for the kids, sketching, etc etc and now on to art journaling. This one is easy and natural, as it can combine some of my greatest loves: color, art, photography, journaling, books, prayer...

Anytime I start sharing something new, my confidence falls down a few notches. It's hard to put yourself out there, especially when presenting something new and rather nontraditional. So, like a coward trying to be brave, I stick my head out of the hole, glance around, toss my artwork up on the grass, and skitter back inside to wait. Then, a few days later, I work up the nerve to lay some more stuff out on the ground.

Here's the "stuff" I set forth:Sketching

Painting: These pages are "art-extending"...
magazine or calendar clips taken,
extended, added to, layered on the page.
I can process so much better using multiple methods. At least two of my children are also very much like this. I think everyone benefits from artwork, period, but also from combining methods to learn. The primarily auditory learner may still remember best by listening to AND writing their speech.

2 comments:

Loveandadoor said...

Love it!! Love it. I find it so appealing. I am drawn to it in the same way I loved the Artist's book at the young authors presentation a year or two ago!! Love the color, love the multi-medium technique.. really just love it!

Blu said...

art should be fun, and your art looks really very nice. bravo